Sunday, October 4, 2009

i imported this blog from my other site. i have three blog sites actually, because i keep forgetting my password. luckily, this crisaldopablo.blogspot was hidden somewhere in my old notebooks. So here goes my only blog in the crispirations site...

Sunday, June 10, 2007

dark love

June 10, 2007

Today I make a blog. Something senseless. Maybe sensible. Maybe... Well, if its personal and i make it open to the whole world to read, i guess it ought to mean something. Am 39, and turning 40 this August. I used to have them, pocket planners that cousins give me because they didn't have any use for them. I used those planners to record my daily activities. That was 1983. I started with just entries of basic activities like going out to see a movie alone or when with companions. Who I chatted with on the phone. In those days, getting a land line was quite a task. I'll be honest that when I could afford it, I even had to pay under the table to get our house a line. In those days, we were afraid to give our phone number to strangers, specially to one night stands, because, that would mean literally opening up your door to that stranger. And just imagine if the people at home begin to suspect...

Early nineties blessed us with the pager. Then we could exchange sweet messages through paging systems. Of course, it was censored by the service providers who thought they knew better. Back then, it was easy to find out if your partner was receiving other sweet messages from other people you never heard of.

Then came the internet and of course, the mobile phone... Well, everything went crazy.

And so here I am, trying to find sense in this mad mad cyberworld where anything goes and what you say does not have to mean anything anymore... This world of so many surfaces that each surface has become so shallow the deeper meanings are lost in the clutter...

I know at this point I am not yet making sense...
Well just like every body else...
Perhaps because...
0 comments

No comments: